2017 Newsletter: Edition One
University Healthcare – Center of Excellence for Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
1. The Design for the New Center of Excellence for Orthopaedic Rehabilitation:
- A Holistic Center integrating Education and Physical Therapy in an open central core easily accessible from patient rooms
- Empower and encourage patients to ambulate from the bed to all rehab amenities
- Nurse and Provider Support Cores that reduce staff travel and maximize time with patients
- Enhanced Personal Protection provisions optimize staff readiness for any medical event
- 41 patient rooms
2. This Design for the New Patient Room of the Future to be implemented across the hospital campus:
- A Universal Room Design that embraces a hospitality environment maximizes patient empowerment and ambulation-enabling a return to a healthy life sooner.
- An accessible room with compact charting and patient monitoring systems that do not obstruct patient access to restrooms
- Enhanced accommodation of patient visitors
- Integrates systems for effective in-room Telemedicine and other technologies
Completed Project: Prime Insurance Company Addition + Remodel
- Two-level addition housing private and executive offices
- Flexible conference center
- Dynamic reception hub
- Fully-functional kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances, upscale seating and sound system
- Gym stocked with state-of-the-art equipment and all-new shower and locker facilities
When asked her thoughts on how the new space reflected their brand, Director and Senior Vice President Barbara Malkowski had this to say: “We’re the masters of unique risk, we’re the contrarians.. we’re not your father’s insurance company, I hate to be so trite but we’re not. Our new approach, our fresh approach, our sleek approach, I would say it definitely plays to that.”
Our Experts Share
How significant of a role does lighting play in the patient experience?
Answer: Very. John Meredith shares how lighting can make or break recovery.