This multi-phase remodel project took place between 2016 and 2023 allowing for the space to remain functional throughout construction. The innovative renovation of the cardiology patient care spaces included:
- Electrophysiology Lab 5 – Renovated existing hospital support space to create a new EP Lab suite with a Control Room and support spaces.
- Cath Labs 2 & 3 – Replaced Cath Lab imaging equipment and renovated each lab to increase catheter storage and improve workflow. A new Storz integrated A/V system was added to Lab 3.
- Cardiovascular Medicine Unit (CVMU) – Total renovation of the existing AIM-B unit into 18 state-of-the-art private CV patient rooms, including the nurse station and all support spaces.
- Cardiovascular Prep & Recovery – Relocated and expanded existing Prep & Recovery suite into shelled space for 13 new bays and repurposed vacated space into 5 state-of-the-art CV-Tele Patient Rooms.
- Electrophysiology Lab 6 – Renovated and reconfigured existing MRI suite into a new state-of-the-art EP Lab with Control and Equipment rooms.
- AIM-B: Renovated the entire unit to expand the Cardiovascular Acute Care unit with patient rooms, nurse station and a full complement of support spaces. The rooms were upgraded from obsolete semi-private configurations to state-of-the-art private rooms that are ADA-compliant and based on the Patient Room of the Future, recently developed by TSA Architects.